3.09.2005

today, i feel abused

My status of J.O.B. has probably remained a secret for some time, unless you are a close(r) friend of mine. I suppose it never was a secret that i have been trying to please my manager and it backfired, and now i become her number uno go to person, and then she turns aroudn the next day and kicks* me out of frustration. (*not in the literal sense)

well, today was the last straw. i'm tired of being kicked around. i refuse to lick the very boot that kicks me as well. This morning, beyond me control, my physical body which prisons my mental and emotional self, rebellioned in a furious state of technicolor contributions to porcelain deity.

I, being the honest employee that i am-- with the worth ethic that is quite disgusting-- showed up, on time, as usual. I painfully forced myself to mop the floor, wash the tables, roll a bunch of silverware, got some ice, etc and scrubbed the bar. This alone, which take me normally about 20-30 minutes, took me an hour to complete. Exhausted, my manager came around, and she took one look at me and wanted to know what was wrong. in the most tacktful way, i carefully stated that i was 'under the weather' and when asked if i felt well enough to stay, i decided, i was not.

i went home, gave some more contributions, forced some magic pink generic pepto bismol into myself, and was thankfully relieved of my obligation to bring forth thigns for the wishing well.

thus, i found myself, still in my pajamas, recieving a phone call. much to my idiocy, i answered it. my manager wondered how i felt. being the honest person i am, i said i was feeling better, but thus remained, "unable to perform my normal waitstaff duties" (and who can blame me? i didnt' want to look or smell at food)

standing now, in the kitchen lookign for something bland in which to ingest, she told me:

"You are going to have this problem all your life, you know. You need to get over it."

And thus, i lost myself in a moment of righteous indignation. How dare she tell me this!
if you know me, you know i have stomach issues. it's a legitiment medical condition, and here, my manager apparently decided that i need to "get over" my medical condition, as though i had, through lack of desire, left my job earlier that morning.

my indignation did not stay internalized, as i have now repeated the injustice of my supervisor to over thirty people now. my parents have advised me, that if she mentions it again, than i should file a complaint with the EEOC. i would love nothing more than to fry her sorry butt for ever making such a statement to me.

thus end my work adventures. i half-hearted worked on my speech of "the importance of classroom participation" today for about an hour. it's mroe developed, but it's seriously lacking. i have visual aides however. i'd have the speech done if the teacher had simply not mentioned his bias on my speech topic. you college students are quite well aware that i had to oppose my former argument, simply because he stated his bias. more on this later. must go feed my hamsters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home